Sunday, January 9, 2011

The weekend is almost over....

Unfortunately, the weekend is almost over. I was busy today with preparations for my class and didn't have time to do much art. However, I did prepare a canvas for a project at a later date and yesterday, although I did not blog, I did spend time to make a few things.

Let's start with the canvas with my word for the year. I had a small canvas and wanted to display my word for the year prominently. There are four different layers of acrylic paint on here (mostly Golden Fluid Acrylics, but also Createx pearlized Air Brush Color), then the doll and palette collages. After that I went over everything with Liquitex Clear Gesso and Golden Fluid Acrylic Titanium White mixed and watered down a bit and then rubbed most of that off with an old t-Shirt, then the letters were inked and I used a clear crackle paint on them after inking. After they were attached the whole painting was sprayed with Tattered Angels "Jingle Bells" Glimmer Mist.



Credits can be found here


I also created a digital art journal page with a quote I absolutely adore. Here is that one:


Credits can be found here


Last not least here is a picture of the canvas that I have prepared for a project at a later date. I really liked those colors and love the way the canvas came out:




You can click on any of the pictures to see a larger version. Thank you all for looking :)

No comments: