Sunday, January 2, 2011

Beginning AJC 2011...

I created and posted my first page for the art journal caravan expedition 2011. I think I decided I will truly work in all media: paint and paper, digital as well as hybrid. I started a dedicated journal just for the AJC 2011; in fact, I am going to use the 9"x12" Canson Multi Media XL Journal I bought at Blick's on Black Friday when I was in Columbus for Thanksgiving. In addition, I will keep my regular art journal for everything non-AJC 2011.

Here is the page I created today for the AJC 2011



The background was created by using Golden Fluid Acrylics in Cobalt Teal, Quinacridone Violet and Cerulean Blue Deep. I also used some collage images which have been collected over the last few years. I colored the bird to match my color scheme for the page and I worked with blue chalk and dark graphite to shadow the images to make them "pop" more. The title work was done by using clear stamps with a clear stamp ink pad and then filled in with Sharpie Poster Paint pens and Brush pens. I suck at hand lettering (something I will try to improve this year), but really like the way the stamps and hand coloring work together.

No comments: