Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bliss...

Bliss is to be home and not at work because of a snow day :)

I took this opportunity to play in my paper and paint art journal for a bit. I had already completed a digital page for the AJC, but wanted to get messy. I really like the feel of playing with the paper and paint journal. Anyway here are my results. This is my paper and paint art journal entry for Week 6 itinerary of the Art Journal Caravan:



A little bit about the process on this one. I started out with the pink page which can be seen in a previous blog entry (January 31,2010). I really did not like the way it had come out and it was still way to pink for my taste (just not a pink girl *shaking head*). Anyway, I started collaging on the page and then covered it up with acrylics again, but rubbed certain areas with a paper towel so the collage items peeked through. Then I used a stencil and red acrylic to create the checker board texture. I adhered my silhouette with Mod Podge and after it dried I used a Sharpie Poster Paint pen to add the dots...Also used Sharpie Poster Paint pen for all the journaling on the page. This is also the first time ever that I have used glitter on anything *LOL* but I thought it would look good around the quote.
After collaging my text, I used water color washes to go over them, after they dried I outlined them and then I used water colors to box them in...

Okay, on to the digital art journal page for this week:



Credits can be found here

No comments: