Wednesday, December 27, 2006

This and That...Books, the world and more of my ramblings

The news this morning carried a little obscure article that I think is of major importance. Unfortunately, it seems to be lost in a crowd of, what are deemed, world shaking events, even though it is a world shaking event of itself, or at least should be to every rational thinking being on this planet! Read the article here. The rejected Kyoto treaty will be just one of the blunders of the Bush presidency. I always wonder when we will begin to understand that we are all living on the same planet regardless of our self-imposed borders. We are all interconnected, whether we like that fact or not, it remains a fact!!!!

Anyway, good morning to you all *pushing my soap box back under my chair*, I hope everyone had nice holidays. As you can see one of my many interests is world politics, the environment, and human stupidity. It never ceases to amaze me what we are able to do to ourselves or this planet. Anyway, enough about politics and policies for now.

I am currently reading a rather interesting book Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper Case Closed by Patricia Cornwell, one can find her web site and more information about her and her books here. She posits that the identity of Jack the Ripper, who is perhaps one of the most notorious serial murderers, is Walter Sickert. She cites forensic evidence which obviously was not available in late 19th century England and lays out her case. I find it an interesting read, however, I am not sure yet whether I am convinced that at last she really has uncovered the identity of the Ripper.

Furthermore, I am really busy creating web based material for my developmental English course I will be teaching starting mid January. I am planning on blogging as a way of journal writing to my students and hope this blog will serve as an example. Well, I better be leaving for now...talk to you all soon!

No comments: